Earth-friendly and socially responsible, since day one.
Studio E was founded on the ideals of respect for artisans, preserving and promoting fine decorative arts traditions, and the use of nature’s materials. So not surprisingly, we are in step with the rising public concern over our industry’s effect on the environment.
By manufacturing ‘sustainable’ products, those that are characterized as having ecological, social and economic benefits, we contribute to the protection of public health, welfare, and the environment. We proudly proclaim the following points based on universally recognized criteria for measuring the impact a company’s products and production methods have on our world.
• Made by hand in the USA, without machinery, in an energy-efficient, naturally lit studio.
• Certified compliant with all State Environmental Conservation regulations.
• Free of toxic compounds, and production does not result in toxic by-products or emissions of any kind.
• Paste and vinyl free: Pre-pasted papers and vinyl emit high levels of VOC- volatile organic compounds.
• Made on primarily post-consumer recycled poly/cellulose fiber (a renewable resource) or biodegradable paper.
• Made with water-borne paints, plasters and varnishes which are low in VOC versus oil/solventborne types.
• Breathable, inhibiting the growth of mold, a microbial VOC (MVOC) associated with hazardous indoor air.
• Studio E wallpaper successfully installs with eco-friendly pastes. It de-installs with water.
• Durable, with low maintenance requirements. Cleans with water and mild soap.
• Production is ‘to order’ and supplies are purchased accordingly.
• Our in-house light-to-dark paint recycling/remixing program uses every drop and results in almost no waste.
• Studio E obtains most materials locally.
• Use of Studio E wallpaper in your projects has the potential to improve your LEED® score if your project is within 500 miles of our production facility or if eco-friendly pastes are used.
Our woman-owned and operated company is committed to fostering equal opportunity and diversity in the workplace. We ardently support the International Rescue Committee* (IRC) by providing employment to those from areas of strife, who seek refuge in the USA. We offer artistic training, job security, benefits, and a flexible, friendly and tolerant atmosphere, all resulting in an enhanced quality of life. Many of our IRC referred team members have even been able to advance the quality of life for their families back home. To learn more about the IRC and their worldwide efforts, visit www.theirc.org. We benefit our local and global communities by making contributions to charitable causes with socially responsible agendas.
*Founded in 1933, the IRC is committed to freedom, human dignity, and self-reliance. This commitment is expressed in emergency relief, protection of human rights, post-conflict development, resettlement assistance, and advocacy.